Monday, May 2, 2011

Lessons 9-11

A concept I learned from lesson 9 was how to use the transition editor.  What most people use and I use all the time to edit a transition is editing the transition in the timeline.  What i learned in lesson 9 was how to edit a transition by using the Transition Editor, which will appear as a tab over the viewer window.  The Transition Editor allows you to make changes without having to access the menu.

A concept I learned from Lesson 10 is how to record a voice over through Final Cut Pro.  Usually the programs I use when I make my projects that include voice overs are sound track pro or Garage Band.  But in Lesson 10 i found out that you can use a voice over option in final cut pro with the use of a USB microphone or an internal microphone on a laptop computer.  When using this voice over option it will be directly put into the timeline when you are done recording.  All you have to do is get rid of the narration that is included in the clip and than set the in and out points for where you want the voice over.

A concept I learned from Lesson 11 was how to add a lower third to a project.  There is many different texts you can use in Final Cut Pro, but when you are shooting a documentary or an interview a lower third text is the text you are going to want to use.  To use a lower third text, you go in the effects box and find the lower third clip with gives you two texts on top of each other.  To use the txt in the timeline you will edit them to the V2 track and than superimpose the text over an existing clip in the Timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment