Monday, May 2, 2011

Lessons 4-8

Important concepts that I learned from Lesson 4 was trimming using rippling in the viewer.  I learned that the ripple like most tools can be used in more than one window.  The reason using ripping in the viewer is so important is because it allows you to see the area outside the range of the in and out points, allowing you to find your target that can not be seen in the timeline when you open a sequence clip in the viewer.  An important shortcut found in this area of the lesson was using command + or command - which allows you to zoom in or out in any active window.

Important concepts I learned from Lesson 5 was dragging clips into new locations. You may start to question your clip assortment after you see the arrangement in the timeline, and might want different clips to improve the sequence.  Since you will not be adding any new clips to the sequence and you will only be repositioning a clip the sequence length will still stay the same so it will require no editing tools at all besides using a modifier key and the default selection tool.

Important concepts i learned from Lesson 6 was editing a multiclip.  Editing in a multiclip is different because you put the clip in the timeline and than you edit the angle points.  You mark the multi clip in the viewer, position the the playhead in the timeline and patch the source controls.  The difference in this is you must use the option key when you drag the clip directly to the timeline or in the canvas.

Important concepts I learned from Lesson 7 was customizing shortcut keys and button bars.  Now that i am comfortable with Final Cut Pro i might want to change some keyboard shortcuts to something that benefits me more to my liking.  I learned that although i cannot change the Final Cut Pro interface, i can certainly change the keyboard shortcuts in the keyboard layout > customize menu, and I can group together additional buttons to my own personal editing style.

Important concepts I learned from Lesson 8 was the batch capture option, allowing you to only capture the clips that you have marked down.  The first step is to mark and log the clips you will want to capture, than to instruct Final Cut Pro to capture the entire batch list of all the clips that you want.  This makes capturing easy because you can get only the clips that you are going to use and you don't have to be around while the clips are being captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment